Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Momo-mo, how do you like it, how do you like it..

I have been a resident of West Roxbury now for almost six months, and yet I hardly know anything about it. The problem is that I live alone, and all of my close friends live at least forty-five minutes Northwards, rendering my exploration quite solitary.

Last night, however, a very old friend who I have not seen in years came over, and we decided to throw caution into the wind and drive around searching for someplace new and exciting. Which is pretty much anywhere other than West on Centre (which had great food, but was uber-packed when I went a few months ago).

I now have my first West Roxburian restaurant recommendation. The Himalayan Bistro on Centre Street (directly across from West on Centre) was pretty much the cat's meow. Reasonable prices, great location, excellent food, really helpful waiters. It came to approximately $20/per person, and that included appetizer, main dish, and naan--PLENTY of it (the leftovers alone might be enough for two more meals). If I was just going to pick up lunch for one, it could easily be under $10. Try the momo. It's apparently unique to that restaurant, and was a completely delightful appetizer.

I hope to shock my coworkers with my leftovers. "Annie," the will say, "Where is the typical instant oatmeal and English muffin scrounged from the office kitchen?"

I am a free office food junkie. I am okay with that. It is free, after all. Quality is not as important for the noontime meal as is the dough shelled out for it. I do want to pay of my student loans eventually, after all.

Tonight I head to my alma mater to catch their Spring theatre production, "Loves Labours Lost." This is my favorite Shakespeare comedy, and I am thoroughly put out that they should do it the year after I've graduated. Still, I look forward to it, even if the hour plus drive is already stressing me out (my poor Civic is having major issues these days).

Oh, and Happy Home Opener. I'm sure I'll catch the highlights on the morning news. And on the morning train. And morningtime at the office.









1 comment:

O'Reilly said...

Have you thought about performing in community theater? I have a friend who loved doing that. Oh, if your job isn't keeping you interested, see what you can do to help out the support staff in the office or the office manager. you're a good writer and I bet you have a bunch of other skills. There's always lots of work to be done and its amazing what you can learn about a business by helping out with even clerical work. You seem like a nice person. What's up with you and Julie Stiles, hmmm? Signed, WR neighbor.