Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ten O'Clock

My goal for tonight was to go to bed by ten. I haven't done so successfully in quite some time, and I've noticed that my lack of sleep has been affecting me in a great many ways. Since I am going to NY for the weekend with some friends, I am fully aware (or maybe not fully aware...that seems to be a side effect of being sleep deprived) that I shall not be catching up on my zzzs.

I tried this last night. And then I had a terrible dream that I married a boy who I was pretty crazy about not so long ago. I woke up at three AM wide awake and not sure whether I was satisfied by the reason it was terrible (dream former flame is apparently gay, which made dream me very upset to tied to him for all eternity...in dream world there was apparently no annulment) or annoyed that he should be in my dream at all.

I tell you of this goal because it is not going to happen. No way. Why? I made the mistake of turning the game on.

They were losing. They were losing, but within sight of tying. They were tied. Now they're up by 10. I don't even know what to do about this. It's pretty awesome (although I am always wary of things that seem awesome), but I have that old Boston guilt re: turning the game off. If I turn it off now, and they lose through some terrible string of events, it will be because I jinxed it.

That is all. I will return my focus (or what is left of it anyway) to the game. And also try to hope that maybe the man in my dreams afterward will not be apparently gay former crush, but Rondo, or KG, or...heck, even Lucky.

No comments: