Thursday, January 22, 2009

In which I attempt to share my culinary prowess with the world

I think I just discovered the most delicious accidental dinner ever. And, though I am not a frequent preparer of foods that don't fit inside a toaster, I think I am going to share my impromptu recipe with the world (world= nobody).

Annie's Amazing and Alltogether Delightful Dinner
Ingredients:
1/2 Joseph's Flat Bread (Wheat/Flax/Oat)
1-2 Tbs. Crumbled Goat Cheese
1-2 Tbs. Dried Cranberries
1 Medium Sweet Potato, Washed
1/4 Small Onion, Diced
1/4 Cup Frozen Whole Cranberries
1-2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 Tbs. Chili Powder
1 Tsp. Ground Red Pepper

First, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice sweet potato into smallish pieces (think french fries), leaving skin on, and put in tupperware. Add olive oil, cinnamon, chili powder, and red pepper to the potato and toss, coating evenly. Place in a roasting pan of some kind, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the onion and cranberries in a lovely pattern. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until slightly brown.

Approximately 5 minutes before the potato is done (or even after the potato is done), place goat cheese and dried cranberries inside a folded piece of Joseph's flat bread. Use sandwich griller machine, or frying pan, or microwave, or toaster oven to warm the bread until the cheese is warm and soft.

Place goat cheese sandwich and sweet potatoes on a colorful plate. Enjoy!

I know I did. And it's vegetarian (I am not one, but it makes me feel special). And it includes multiple food groups! And, best of all, it is easy as pie! Easier than pie, come to that. And perfect for 1 person, although there will likely be some sweet potatoes left over for lunch the next day. Huzzah!

No comments: